Disney Cruise Line has been named as the Top Mega-Ship Cruise Line and Top Mega-Ship Cruise Line for Families by Travel + Leisure readers in the magazine’s World’s Best Awards 2014. This is the first time Disney Cruise Line has received the Top Mega-Ship Cruise Line award and the sixth consecutive year it has been recognized as a top cruise line for families.
The World’s Best Awards are selected by Travel + Leisure readers who participate in a survey and rate cruise lines on several criteria, including staterooms, food, service, itineraries, excursions and value.
Disney Cruise Line has consistently received distinguished awards and recognition from the travel industry since first setting sail in 1998. These awards have included all aspects of the operation from dining and entertainment to youth activities and spa facilities.
Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe?
At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience
This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
There are now two new Downtown Disney Starbucks locations at the Walt Disney World Resort!
The Marketplace walk-up in front of World of Disney is great for grab ‘n’ go options while the West Side location is a full-sized store featuring special reserve coffees, a covered patio overlooking Village Lake and an outside fireplace.
Grab your lantern and your map, and hold on tight…it’s time to ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine” on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train –
Now front and center in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park!
If you have already experienced the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, you know how exciting it is! I will be going in a couple of weeks and can’t wait to experience the ride!! Stay tuned for pictures from our Walt Disney Vacation!
We’re just about a week away from our next big 24-hour celebration, where you can Rock Your Disney Side all day and all night! Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park will each be open from 6 a.m. May 23 through 6 a.m. May 24, and they’re all going to be bursting with so much fun, you’ll never stop rockin’!
At Disneyland Resort, it all starts with a big kick-off in the Esplanade between the two parks. Then, throughout the day, you’ll be able to enjoy most of your favorite characters and shows, with some special surprises just for this event!
At Disneyland Park:
- Mickey’s Soundsational Parade is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.
- The Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland will host the Avengers Super Hero Movie Marathon throughout the day and night, presenting “Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor” and “Captain America: The First Avenger”!
- After the fireworks, come celebrate in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, where a DJ will be spinning tunes for everyone until 5 a.m.
- Royal Swing Ball presents a live band in the Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Stop by the Tomorrowland Terrace for a live band in the evening and a late night Rock Your Disney Side Dance Party that lasts until 5 a.m.
There’s even more fun to be had over at Disney California Adventure Park:
- You can enjoy live music throughout the day and night at the Paradise Garden Bandstand, with performances scheduled from 11:55 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- “World of Color” will be presented on Paradise Bay at 9:45 p.m. and again at 3 a.m.
- Head on down to Pacific Wharf from 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. for The Wharf Dance Party.
- Mad T Party adds some spice to the night. You can rock ‘n’ roll your Disney Side with the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
So whether you choose Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park—or both!—to express your Disney Side, you’re in for a rockin’ good time at Disneyland Resort!
Entertainment to Rock Your Disney Side All Night Long at Disneyland Resort by Shawn Slater: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog
FREE DINING – DISNEY VISA CARD HOLDERS
So now is the time to book a 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way® room and ticket package which includes the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan at select Value Resorts and the Disney Dining Plan at select Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.
This special offer is for arrivals most nights: 8/31-10/3/2014, 10/26-11/1/2014, 11/9-11/20/2014 and 12/12-12/23/2014.
Number of rooms allocated for these offers is limited. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotions. Advance reservation required. Offer excludes 3-bedroom villas and campsites.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the “crowning jewel” of New Fantasyland™ at Magic Kingdom®Park will officially open on May 28, 2014.